Skip to main content

NO YOU DID NOT!

“Wow”, I wish my husband was here to hear this sermon”! I’m smiling very big now because I have said this about family members too, whom I felt needed to make a change in their life; not knowing the sermon was for me! Only God has the power and ability to change someone; yet we still continue to point the finger not realizing that when we point one finger ten are pointing back at us!

I do not own the rights to this photo!

“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? (Matthew 7:3-4 NLT)

When we don’t see our own faults; we are in denial! None of us enjoy hearing about the things wrong with us or things that need to be removed out of our lives!

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. (John15:2 NIV)


So how many of you are saying, “What in the world is she talking about”? Are you sure you want to know? Because if I tell you and you get offended, guess what; you are in denial of the things that need to be removed from your life! Anyway, I’m going to proceed with our many faults!

You have a bad memory! If that person would quit bothering you, you would get your work done! Quit washing your hands in the kitchen sink; and then you do it! Expecting more out your spouse to do around the house and you sit back and dictate as if you do not live there or make messes yourself! Viewing others who are in a bad mood as being rude; yet you wake up and go to bed moody!  Or self-loathing – I’m fat, I have thin hair, my teeth are crooked, I don’t like her because she is not nice to me! In all actuality, you are blessed beyond measure! – This is the last example that many people don’t see themselves do, but we all have done it some time or another! Swearing at someone driving who cuts in front of you and just a few minutes back you did the same thing and said in a sarcastic way, “Sorry” and kept going!

Don't view the above as insignificant; whereas, they are a hindrance to your growth! It's the little things that add up and eventually become a huge stumbling block to producing good things!

“The little foxes are ruining the vineyards. Catch them, for the grapes are all in blossom. (Song of Solomon 2:15 TLB)


As a Christian, you are to be a light among dark places. So if you see someone cutting in front of you on the highway, slow down and let them in. In about a few short miles you realize you almost passed your exit and quickly swerve in front of someone so you can get to your destination – believe it or not, they slowed down so you can get in and did not become angry! If you truly think about it, your actions could have been fatal to many people; but because someone showed you kindness by their actions, it kept the “peace”!

Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. (Ecclesiastes 7:9 NIV)

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation."Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me. (Philippians 2:12-18 NIV)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusion?

When my son was going into the eighth grade, the school invited those who wanted to attend, to an open house. They served desserts and punch while the parents and students mingled with each other and the teachers. I was in the lobby talking with other parents that came by, when my son came up to me with two of his friends following him, and said, “Mom what would you do if I got a tattoo when I get older”? I didn’t even ponder the thought, nor did I become agitated at the question. My question to him was, “What do you want to do in life? Do you want to be a doctor, a lawyer ~ what professional would you like to become”?  He responded, “I don’t know yet. I haven’t thought about it”.  I asked him, “If you went to a doctor and he had several tattoos on his body, would you go to that doctor”? His response was "no", as if to say, "I never thought about it that way"! I responded, “Don’t do anything in life you can’t undo”. He asked in bewilderment, “What do

Sucker Punched!

In our world today we are separated and divided by Black and White. We all have our own stereotype of what it is to be African-American and what it is to be Caucasian. Society has portrayed being African American as a race afllicted with poverty, anger, deceit and ignorance. Whether the accusations are true or false, the news media focuses on people of African descent to keep the weak in mind and spirit believing its true – including African Americans! I do not own the rights to this photo  The past is not uncovered to keep you in bondage; but to keep you humble and rely on Jesus! If you read your bible faithfully, you have read the story of God telling Abram that his people will be slaves in Egypt for over 400 years. (Genesis 15:13) After their captivity, they were let go to possess the land promised to them. Although the journey to the Promised Land was eleven days, it took them forty years to arrive. (Deuteronomy 1:1-11) Why? There vision and God's vision did not coincide

We Walk in the Light!

My daughter communicated to me sometime in September that she was going to tell her six year old daughter that there is no such thing as Santa Claus. I thought, “ Let her be a child; then I said  (knowing Santa is not symbolic of Christmas) , “If that’s what you feel in your heart, do it! It’s your house and your daughter”. Dylan and her little brother! Well she told her that day and the conversation went like this: Tara (My daughter): Dylan, Mommy wants to tell you something! Dylan (My Granddaughter): What Mommy? Tara : I want to tell you that there is no such thing as Santa Clause. Mommy and Daddy buy your toys, wrap them up and put them under the tree Dylan : Oh, so you and Daddy are magic huh? Tara : (chuckles)! No, we are not magic Dylan; we work to pay for the gifts you receive. Dylan : I don’t believe you, because Santa goes to all of the kid’s houses and leaves gifts for everyone! Tara : Well Dylan, there is no Santa Clause and one day you wil