Skip to main content

Do you know what's up ahead?

Every day you leave the subdivision, make a right onto Ongoing Street and a left to exit onto the highway. You never encounter an oncoming car on Ongoing Street; and you have been in your neighborhood for close to four years now! Today is nothing unusual, other than you are running late and slightly distracted; because your make-up is not complete. You still have to put on your lipstick and eyebrow liner!  



In your mind, you are saying, "I can finish the make-up in the car while I am driving to the highway"! Yep, you sure can; after all oncoming traffic is null and void; until you get to the highway! Smooth sailing with all eyes in the mirror; and the unthinkable happens ~ a collision! Where did that car come from? I promise the road was clear! How could this have happened? These are all the questions you ask yourself while waiting for the police to come! 

There are times we all run late, so haste makes waste ~ and there is no such thing as early late! Could it have been avoided if you called your place of  work, informed them you were going to be late and finish putting your make up on in the house? I'm not sure; but I am sure of one thing, talking to God and "Thanking Him" for His protection daily probably would! 


We take everything for granted, including God's protection! During those four years you have been driving to work, God was keeping you safe through the neighborhood and on the highway! Even coming in and going out, you were safe! If God did not have your attention before, He does now! 

Don't blame God nor should you feel He is punishing you either! Your attitude and freedom from harm allowed you to become complacent and indignant to all that God is and still does do for you! If you feel it is not necessary to daily speak to God and Thank Him for protection, provisions, and good health, than continue on that path! 

King David went to battle on the same field many times and knew the battleground better than anyone, yet he did not make the assumption he would win without asking God first should he fight and if so, will he win the battle!

Now the Philistines came and spread themselves out in the valley of Rephaim. 19 Then David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You give them into my hand?” And the Lord said to David, “Go up, for I will certainly give the Philistines into your hand.” (II Samuel 5:18-19 AMP)

This is another encounter on the same battlefield with the Philistines, in the Valley of Rephaim, another day and time! David asked of God, "Shall I go", as if it was his first battle! 
Now the Philistines had come and made a raid in the Valley of Rephaim.
10 David asked God, Shall I go up against the Philistines? And will You deliver them into my hand? And the Lord said, Go up, and I will deliver them into your hand.
11 So [Israel] came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote [the Philistines] there. Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through].
12 [The Philistines] left their gods there; David commanded and they were burned. (I Chronicles 14:9-12 AMP)

David understood how important and beneficial it was to rely on God! I'm not sure if you are aware; but God is omnipresent ~ He knows what's up ahead and can keep you from making mistakes, being defeated, and even preventing a wreck, when we lean totally on Him! 

David found that out in another battle against the Philistines, only this time, God said no, I want you to go another way!



13 And the Philistines again made a raid in the valley.
14 And David inquired again of God, and God said to him, Do not go up after them; turn away from them and come [around] upon them over opposite the mulberry trees.
15 And when you hear a sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry or balsam trees, then go out to battle, for God has gone out before you to smite the Philistine host.
16 So David did as God commanded him, and they smote the army of the Philistines from Gibeon even to Gezer.
17 And the fame of David went out into all lands, and the Lord brought the fear of him upon all nations. (I Chronicles 14:13-17 AMP)
This is why God called David, “A man after my own heart” (I Samuel 13:14). If you want to open a business ask God will it be successful, if you want to run a marathon, ask God if you are healthy enough! Ask of Him and He will answer!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusion?

When my son was going into the eighth grade, the school invited those who wanted to attend, to an open house. They served desserts and punch while the parents and students mingled with each other and the teachers. I was in the lobby talking with other parents that came by, when my son came up to me with two of his friends following him, and said, “Mom what would you do if I got a tattoo when I get older”? I didn’t even ponder the thought, nor did I become agitated at the question. My question to him was, “What do you want to do in life? Do you want to be a doctor, a lawyer ~ what professional would you like to become”?  He responded, “I don’t know yet. I haven’t thought about it”.  I asked him, “If you went to a doctor and he had several tattoos on his body, would you go to that doctor”? His response was "no", as if to say, "I never thought about it that way"! I responded, “Don’t do anything in life you can’t undo”. He asked in bewilderment, “What do

Sucker Punched!

In our world today we are separated and divided by Black and White. We all have our own stereotype of what it is to be African-American and what it is to be Caucasian. Society has portrayed being African American as a race afllicted with poverty, anger, deceit and ignorance. Whether the accusations are true or false, the news media focuses on people of African descent to keep the weak in mind and spirit believing its true – including African Americans! I do not own the rights to this photo  The past is not uncovered to keep you in bondage; but to keep you humble and rely on Jesus! If you read your bible faithfully, you have read the story of God telling Abram that his people will be slaves in Egypt for over 400 years. (Genesis 15:13) After their captivity, they were let go to possess the land promised to them. Although the journey to the Promised Land was eleven days, it took them forty years to arrive. (Deuteronomy 1:1-11) Why? There vision and God's vision did not coincide

We Walk in the Light!

My daughter communicated to me sometime in September that she was going to tell her six year old daughter that there is no such thing as Santa Claus. I thought, “ Let her be a child; then I said  (knowing Santa is not symbolic of Christmas) , “If that’s what you feel in your heart, do it! It’s your house and your daughter”. Dylan and her little brother! Well she told her that day and the conversation went like this: Tara (My daughter): Dylan, Mommy wants to tell you something! Dylan (My Granddaughter): What Mommy? Tara : I want to tell you that there is no such thing as Santa Clause. Mommy and Daddy buy your toys, wrap them up and put them under the tree Dylan : Oh, so you and Daddy are magic huh? Tara : (chuckles)! No, we are not magic Dylan; we work to pay for the gifts you receive. Dylan : I don’t believe you, because Santa goes to all of the kid’s houses and leaves gifts for everyone! Tara : Well Dylan, there is no Santa Clause and one day you wil