Skip to main content

Who Cares?

Why do I feel like a failure! Am I really a failure? Have I truly hit rock bottom? What is going on?


Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
“The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”
          and,
“A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.”
They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for. (I Peter 2:7-8 NIV)
Have I surrounded myself with chaos, self-pity, selfish desires and wants; with the assumption: “This is how life is supposed to be”. Yes, that's it, this is how life is! I'm not the only one stressed out, tossing and turning with worry, on anti-depression pills, and in constant fear and doubt of what will happen or better yet, what is going to happen? Jealousy is normal, and so is doubt and worry!

Where do you think all these appalling wars and quarrels come from? Do you think they just happen? Think again. They come about because you want your own way, and fight for it deep inside yourselves. You lust for what you don’t have and are willing to kill to get it. You want what isn’t yours and will risk violence to get your hands on it.

You wouldn’t think of just asking God for it, would you? And why not? Because you know you’d be asking for what you have no right to. You’re spoiled children, each wanting your own way. (James 4:1-3 The Message Translation)

Well it is all about me......isn't it? That's the way everyone else does, they sulk, sit around feeling sorry for themselves and others come running to their aid, so it has to be okay to feel sorry for me and get the approval and acceptance of those who think, act, and feel the same way I do! We bounce our feelings against each other to justify how we feel; because that's the way the world is! Everyone else does it, why can't I? Besides, I am in control and no one is going to tell me how to live and what to do! That's it! I can make my own decisions and live my own life the way I want to; and NOBODY better stand in my way!
And then as I write this, I slowly realize, what have I gained from doing it my way? Do I have success? Do I truly have what I want? Am I content with where I'm at, to where I'm going? Do I really love, have love in me and receive love? That word, “Love”, just stopped me in my tracks. As I softly whisper, “I'm not sure what “love” is right now! I feel nothing.....just emptiness, confusion, insecurity, doubt, discomfort, and failure! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME! I AM DESERVING OF LOVE, RIGHT? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

I am so glad, My Beloved, that you ask; however, I am not here to force anything on you ~ but to let you know I Love you ~ unconditionally! Love is who I am and will ALWAYS be!

Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him.

All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. (I Corinthians 13:4-8 TLB)


I have NEVER left your side, I have always been there for you, longing for your friendship. All I ask of you is to “Come, eat and drink at my table! Let me serve you with the Mercy and Grace, which I freely give without hesitation and judgment”!

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2 ESV)
I took upon myself every sin known to man on the cross, so that you may have freedom to live in this sinful world free of worry and doubt of what will happen. The freedom and joy has always been there, however, you rejected me with your doubt and worry; therefore, blocking my entrance into your heart. When I took the sinful nature of man away, as a born again Christian, I left them with a gift, my "Peace"! A gift hidden in your heart and mind that NO ONE can snatch away! "Won't you come"?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusion?

When my son was going into the eighth grade, the school invited those who wanted to attend, to an open house. They served desserts and punch while the parents and students mingled with each other and the teachers. I was in the lobby talking with other parents that came by, when my son came up to me with two of his friends following him, and said, “Mom what would you do if I got a tattoo when I get older”? I didn’t even ponder the thought, nor did I become agitated at the question. My question to him was, “What do you want to do in life? Do you want to be a doctor, a lawyer ~ what professional would you like to become”?  He responded, “I don’t know yet. I haven’t thought about it”.  I asked him, “If you went to a doctor and he had several tattoos on his body, would you go to that doctor”? His response was "no", as if to say, "I never thought about it that way"! I responded, “Don’t do anything in life you can’t undo”. He asked in bewilderment, “What do

Sucker Punched!

In our world today we are separated and divided by Black and White. We all have our own stereotype of what it is to be African-American and what it is to be Caucasian. Society has portrayed being African American as a race afllicted with poverty, anger, deceit and ignorance. Whether the accusations are true or false, the news media focuses on people of African descent to keep the weak in mind and spirit believing its true – including African Americans! I do not own the rights to this photo  The past is not uncovered to keep you in bondage; but to keep you humble and rely on Jesus! If you read your bible faithfully, you have read the story of God telling Abram that his people will be slaves in Egypt for over 400 years. (Genesis 15:13) After their captivity, they were let go to possess the land promised to them. Although the journey to the Promised Land was eleven days, it took them forty years to arrive. (Deuteronomy 1:1-11) Why? There vision and God's vision did not coincide

We Walk in the Light!

My daughter communicated to me sometime in September that she was going to tell her six year old daughter that there is no such thing as Santa Claus. I thought, “ Let her be a child; then I said  (knowing Santa is not symbolic of Christmas) , “If that’s what you feel in your heart, do it! It’s your house and your daughter”. Dylan and her little brother! Well she told her that day and the conversation went like this: Tara (My daughter): Dylan, Mommy wants to tell you something! Dylan (My Granddaughter): What Mommy? Tara : I want to tell you that there is no such thing as Santa Clause. Mommy and Daddy buy your toys, wrap them up and put them under the tree Dylan : Oh, so you and Daddy are magic huh? Tara : (chuckles)! No, we are not magic Dylan; we work to pay for the gifts you receive. Dylan : I don’t believe you, because Santa goes to all of the kid’s houses and leaves gifts for everyone! Tara : Well Dylan, there is no Santa Clause and one day you wil